Speak Clear, Speak Easy: My DC summer trip: Final Part 2026

Just wanted to finish posting my fun adventures back to one of my favorite cities: DC. Being a Hilton member, I got a great deal on a beautiful hotel room in Georgetown, DC. Last summer I stayed with two friends in their beautiful spaces, and they showed me a great time. This summer, I did stay one night with my girlfriend, Jo and the remaining week I stayed in this spacious two room hotel below.



Once I got into town, I traveled to my girlfriend's Jo's place and as we do we chatted up a storm before going out to get us our traditional girlfriend, cocktail time and laughs.



I spent the night with her and the next day I visited the Smithsonian which is in my previous blog post (click to see that post). When Jo and I caught up with one another later the next evening, we continued our festivities. There are so many unique,and first class restaurants in DC. The decor is typically upscale and contemporary and you can find just about whatever nationality of food of your choosing. This evening we choose comfort food in this cute restaurant not far from my hotel room.



Our next night, we got a little more dressed up. That's one of the things I love about the east coast, the people do love to put on them clothes. I don't care if it's just walking around the neighborhood, black folk in DC love fashion. And, the clothes are contemporary,and upscale. This night we went to a Speak Easy inside of a conspicuous hotel. We discovered this by accident...it did not disappoint. But before we headed out Jo, brought by this beautiful food spread. It was not only beautiful looking, but so delicious. Of course, we had cocktails in my room. We are always prepared. We are kindred spirits so many similarities and things in common in our relationship.




On my last night, we went to a Peruvian restaurant. My Hilton salesman, recommended this place. We realized we had a couple things in common. I lived in Denver, Colorado for eight years in the 1980's along with living in DC during the same time period. I made numerous friends in Denver, one of which was my friend, Hugo who was from Lima, Peru. My Hilton salesman was also from Lima, Peru. This restaurant he recommened omg...was so fantastic! The food was superb! From the restaurant we also went to another beautiful spot that my Hilton salesman recommended. Top-NOTCH!



My last video will just a compilation of the variety of foods and cocktails...the highlights of my love for DC...the cuisine! Until next time, DC!



You can see Part I DC by clicking this link

Comments